Friday, December 1, 2023

An inspiration album

In 2022, when I knew I was taking early retirement from work, I decided to walk as much of the remaining Plymouth  Industrial Park trackage as I could. Though some parts of the park had not seen trains in as much as 25 years, the track had not been removed, so the route was easy to trace. Though in places you needed a machete to clear a path through. Still, by the time I left my place of employment, I had pretty much photographed every piece of the line. Here’s some images of the area that share what I’d like to put across in this micro.
The only working section of line. Even though this is an industrial park,
there are trees for forming convenient view blocks on a layout.
An out of use section. Dull concrete walls would make a good backdrop
All of a sudden, a splash of colour!
A disused section of track. Ballast, weeds,  blacktop and rust.
This would be what I would like to recreate on the layout

Finally, a few views of how overgrown some of the tracks were on my explorations.
It's a good few years since these tracks saw activity.
The tracks go somewhere. But where?
The end of the line?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment